Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Girl and the Balloon


The Girl and the Balloon
Originally uploaded by photog37

One of the neat thing about Flickr is the many obscure groups you will find inside its vast collection. Today a photographer contacted me and asked me to submit the photo above to a group called "Her Balloon Happiness" (there is also a corresponding "His Balloon Happiness" group elsewhere). I took a look at the group page and was surprised to discover more than 1,700 images of women and girls with balloons from around the world.

These range from the obvious photos of attractive models (here, here, here and here) to artsy candid pics (here and here) to humorous stuff (here and here) and retro visions (here)...

I've had a long week. My hard drive died and I have 300 gigabytes of data that I don't know if I'll ever see again. There was something about all those balloons that brought a smile to my face. Here's a picture of a girl with her balloon.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share